The Hong Kong Jockey Club ‘Ednovation Fest’ was an initiative to inspire different stakeholders in
education through public talks and experiential programs. The Fest had invited education pioneers from Finland, USA, Taiwan and Hong Kong to share their experience on topics including learning environment redesigning, learning diversity and authentic learning, and had collaborated with more than 40 community organizations and edupreneurs in designing experiential workshops for the public in the “Ednovation Fest Experiential Days”.
“Ednovation Lab” was a capacity building program under this project, for teachers to go through a series of Design Thinking workshops that facilitated them to understand students’ needs, initiate ideas and implement them in schools. By the end of the project in 2020, “Ednovation Lab” had supported teachers from 8 local schools to lead changes addressing their students’ needs.
In the final two years, Ednovation Fest had:
- Hosted more than 70 inspiration talks and workshops including our signature “Ednovation Fest Experiential Days”
- Reached 5,569 participants through talks and workshops
- Reached another 212,060 participants through online video events, where education innovators shared about their education innovation journeys
- Connected local education professionals with 15 overseas education innovators from the United States, Netherlands, Finland and Taiwan, sharing their stories of change and lessons learned
- Engaged local education pioneers and stakeholders from 71 organizations across a range of arenas, including innovative teachers, school leaders, parents, eduprenuers, representatives from local schools, international schools, school sponsoring bodies, principal and teacher associations and The Education Bureau, as we continue growing the community of education transformation for mutual sharing and learning
- Piloted innovative ideas in 8 schools through “Ednovation Lab”, with initiatives on improving pedagogies, redesigning curricula, promoting project-based and self-directed learning, redesigning learning space, involving students to improve teaching and learning, etc.
See how we brought together cross-sector stakeholders to experience learning again, invited teachers to listen to students’ needs and redesign their teaching, and inspired the whole community to embrace the individual in every child!
- “Ednovation Fest Experiential Day” recap:
- Video: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2753099654809519
- Photos from talks: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=ednovators&set=a.1475678445928268
- Photos from exhibition: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=ednovators&set=a.1480932215402891
- What is “Ednovation Lab”?
- Online discussions with overseas and local education innovators: https://www.facebook.com/watch/477702702392519/1523148187842815/
- Public education series: https://www.facebook.com/watch/477702702392519/3070609049831557/
Ednovators is a local charity founded by a group of education innovators. We inspire educators and cross-sector stakeholders to transform education and give hope to future generations of Hong Kong. We hope to see every child experience a learning journey that recognizes their unique gifts and needs, prepares them for a future that we don’t yet know, and empowers them to create their own meaningful lives.
Ednovators is a tax-exempt charity (No.: 91/14481) under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance of Hong Kong.